This section offers effective teaching methods, strategies, and best practices for online and hybrid courses. Topics include:
- Introducing your course – Create a pedagogical presence online.
- Communicating within an online environment - Encourage students to engage with one another.
- Student engagement – Encourage students to get actively involved with course content.
- Assessing your students – Give timely feedback and keep grades up to date.
- Content ownership and copyright - Understand content ownership.
In the Design section, you were introduced to three kinds of interaction that students can have: Student-Content (S|C), Student-Instructor (S|I), and Student-Student (S|S). We've indicated in each section below which kind of interaction is fostered by the suggested techniques.
For an overview of all the “Teach” technologies that Cal Poly Pomona officially supports, please see CAFE’s Learning Technologies webpage.